North Sonoma Coast Fire Protection District
We are a company of dedicated volunteer and career firefighters who provide fire protection, emergency medical response, rescue, and public assistance services to the communities of northwestern Sonoma County. See About Us for more details.
Thank You For Passing Measure V!
Measure V passed with an impressive 96% YES vote. Thank you to all who helped get the word out and who voted, your support is appreciated!
Why was Measure V important?
- The North Sonoma Coast Fire Protection District, formed in April 2016, provides local control over how taxpayer dollars are spent and allows long-range planning and more flexibility on how best to meet local needs.
- Measure V on the November ballot was the legally-required final step in the formation of the District.
- The measure asked local residents to approve an official appropriation level that will allow the
NSCFPD to continue receiving local taxpayer dollars for local fire protection and emergency
- The measure does not raise or change taxes.
- Passage of Measure V insured that the District will continue to receive the maximum allowable tax revenues from the county.