Thank You For Passing Measure V!
Measure V passed with an impressive 96% YES vote. Thank you to all who helped get the word out and who voted, your support is appreciated!
Why was Measure V important?
- The North Sonoma Coast Fire Protection District, formed in April 2016, provides local control over how taxpayer dollars are spent and allows long-range planning and more flexibility on how best to meet local needs.
- Measure V on the November ballot was the legally-required final step in the formation of the District.
- The measure asked local residents to approve an official appropriation level that will allow the
NSCFPD to continue receiving local taxpayer dollars for local fire protection and emergency
- The measure does not raise or change taxes.
- Passage of Measure V insured that the District will continue to receive the maximum allowable tax revenues from the county.