On October 18, 2021 NSCFPD held a virtual forum on "Fire Preparedness and Emergency Response on the North Sonoma Coast". A video of the forum, as well as copies of the presentations made, are available at the links below. The forum addressed these topics:
- Your local fire department: What is it? Who is it?
- What resources respond to emergencies on the North Sonoma Coast?
- What is the risk for major wildfire in our area, and what are ways to mitigate the risk?
- What should you do to prepare for an emergency?
- What notification systems are available?
- Evacuation maps and resources
- Q&A session, with additional panelists from the fire district and local agencies.
Timestamps of sections of the meeting in the video:
00:00:00 Chief Plakos explaining NSCFPD and other local response agencies
00:31:03 Battallion Chief Turbeville on fire behavior, preparedness, and potential
01:03:10 Captain Miller and Deputy Myers on fire inspections, evacuation information
01:20:30 Notification systems
Slides From Chief Plakos' Presentation
Slides From Chief Turbeville's Presentation
Slides Regarding Notification and Alert Systems